Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cartoon Pop Art Zen-tangles

Athena

I very much enjoy creating zen-tangle projects with my students each year. I try to do a zen-tangle project with each grade. This year I wanted to do something a bit different with my grade 9's. I decided to combined the creation of zen-tangles and pop art together. Like that of Any Warhol, he created prints of images from popular culture. Instead of creating prints based on Warhol's work, I took the concept of converting popular culture into zen-tangles.
 
I gave students a list of cartoons from my childhood, 70's, 80's and 90's. I picked this era because of the nostalgia behind it. I wanted to share and expose them to cartoon forms created before they were born. I thought it could be a fun blast from the past.  In addition to filling each shape in with a design they were required to add at least two designs that incorporated images or symbols that represent the cartoon they chose. It's like a treasure hunt. Take a look and see if you can spot them.

I also forgot to mention I originally got the idea to do this project from an image on Pinterest. It was a zen-tangle of Alice.
 
Anika
Averil
 
 Jackson
 Pieper
 Kelly
 Mateo
 Charlie
 Alex
 Wade
 Nell
 Valerie
 Owen
 Quentin
 Beckie
 Jayden
 Maja
Hailey

Kayla
  

No comments:

Post a Comment