Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Picasso Head

PICASSO HEADS
 


I originally got this lesson from ART ATTCK before Neil passed away. Here is the newest link to the lesson.  http://www.disney.co.uk/disney-junior/art-attack/attacks/attack-5.jsp I have also seen this lesson on Pinterest, used with grade 5's I believe. I don't know that I would ever tackle such a project with such a young group. I tried it with my grade 9's and I have to say I am very impressed with the results. It would have been something I would of liked to have done with my grade 7's or 8's but I don't see them as often as I see my grade 9's and this is a very extensive project. There are many steps to it.
 
First we looked at Cubism and the style of Pablo Picasso. Then we got right into the creating of their designs. They needed some help with the composition of triangles, but overall they seemed to get the concept. See instructions on link provided.
 
When it came to painting the Picasso heads we looked at shading with regards to a light source and shadows, as well, we looked at colour theory and how using colour schemes creates the best contrast. Overall I think it was a very successful project.
 



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment