Monday, March 30, 2015

Ceramic Totems

Ceramic Totems
 
 Phoenix
 
This lesson was inspired by many different sculptures I've seen on Pinterest.
 
I down sized from last years totems. I found them to tall. It took students to long to complete them and it created too many pieces giving me more work with regards to placing them into the kiln.
 
Each student made approximately 7-10 pieces to be stacked on top of one another. They were asked to vary the sizes of each piece. Balance and Unity were the main principles of design that we looked at. I asked them to make a totem with a theme that is recognizable throughout but mainly abstract in form.     
 
Any suggestions on how to make this project even better I be greatful to hear.  Thank you.
 
 
 Taylor
 Jeyanna
 Myriam
 Marina
 Caitlin
 Sarah
 Abi
 Emma
 Odessa
David


No comments:

Post a Comment